Take in the Big Island of Hawai’i as you haven’t before, and snorkel at two of South Kona’s most precious treasures –Pu’uhonua O Honaunau and Kealakekua Bay. Listen as the captains relays stories detailing the rich cultural and geological history of the Island ... More info ›
Take in the Big Island of Hawai’i as you haven’t before, and snorkel at two of South Kona’s most precious treasures –Pu’uhonua O Honaunau and Kealakekua Bay. Listen as the captains relays stories detailing the rich cultural and geological history of the Island. Explore the sea caves, lava tubes, and see the diverse marine life that’s abundant off of the shores of Kona. Snacks, top of the line snorkeling gear, and flotation devices included. You simply show up with your towel and reef-safe sunscreen and away we go. With a maximum of only 14 guests per tour, the Deluxe Morning Adventure is a personal and unique snorkeling adventure not to be missed.
The Deluxe Morning Adventure is the original tour Sea Quest has been operating for 30 years along the South Kona Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Snorkeling in Kona is the best in the State and this particular tour features the two most pristine locations of them all. Explore the unseen Hawaii by climbing aboard our safe and exciting rigid hull inflatables that were custom made to explore the sea caves and lava tubes, and experience the embodiment of the aloha spirit with the best customer service in Kona.
Check in is at our office & gift shop in historic Keauhou Bay located near the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa. Our warm protected waters are a haven for the marine life that abounds and the first thing we do is spend time scouting for whatever is in the vicinity that morning. We regularly see pilot whales, bottlenose and spinner dolphins, green sea turtles, beaked whales, and more. Of course in the winter months, the humpback whales are everywhere you look.
• Pu'uhonua o Honaunau- A culturally and historically significant location that boasts incredible coral formations, crystal clear water, and Sea Quest is one of very few companies that are a permitted to visit by sea.
• Kealakekua Bay- A 315 acre marine sanctuary that is often referred to as one of the best in the World and certainly the best in the State. This is where you will find the monument to Captain Cook and you will snorkel directly in front of it.
Sea Caves & Lava Tubes:
The base of Hualalai mountain is riddled with sea caves and awe inspiring geological features. Our custom made vessels were designed to get you up close and personal, actually pulling the boats into the sea caves surf permitting. Our guests book to snorkel at some of the best locations in the World, but they come back talking about the sea caves.
All in all, the Deluxe Morning Adventure is the epitome of an adventure snorkeling tour and an excursion you'll want to do over and over!
• 7:45am check in time, approximately 12:15pm return time (4 hours duration)
• 2 Pristine snorkeling locations- Honaunau Bay & Kealakekua Bay
• Sea cave and lava tube exploration
• Excellent snorkeling gear, snorkeling vests, flotation devices and view-finder boogie boards provided
• Minimum age of 5
• Snacks, juice & water provided
• Bring along towels & sunscreen
• Beach bag welcome onboard
• Guests with a back injury, or guests that are pregnant are restricted from this tour
• 48hr cancellation policy